Landlord Insurance Washington State

Need Landlord Insurance in Washington State?

Landlord Insurance Washington StateIf you’re looking for landlord insurance in Washington State contact Duncan and Associates Insurance Brokers at 800-228-8291.

We offer the best commercial insurance solutions for apartment building insurance in Washington State and coverage for single-family rental units.


You can submit your information to us online by clicking the below links.

Why Choose Duncan and Associates Insurance Brokers for Washington State Landlord Insurance?

As a leading independent insurance agency we represent top rated companies offering insurance for real estate investors in Washington State.

Depending on your individual circumstances and needs you can purchase commercial insurance to cover apartment buildings or multiple single-family rental units, or if you have less than 10 rental units you may also want to consider dwelling fire protection intended for small real estate investors.

There are advantages and disadvantages to commercial insurance versus dwelling fire protection and we will help you choose which is best for your needs.

Many Options Are Available for Washington State Landlord Insurance, Choose Carefully!

No matter if you own multiple properties or only a handful of single-family residential unit there are important details about landlord insurance that you may or may not be aware of.

First there are three different coverage forms you can purchase:

  • Basic Form
  • Broad Form
  • Special Form

The basic form is the least expensive and covers only 8-10 different types of perils and claims are settled on an actual cash value basis. (If you are covered by the basic form check your policy for details)

A peril is essentially a claim event that occurs. The claim event must be listed in the policy for coverage to apply.

For example the basic policy form typically covers the following claim events or perils:

  1. Fire
  2. Wind
  3. Hail
  4. Lightning
  5. Explosion
  6. Riot or Civil Commotion
  7. Aircraft (That damage your property)
  8. Vehicles (That damage your property)
  9. Smoke
  10. Vandalism or Malicious Mischief.

So for instance if one of your rental properties catches on fire and is damaged or destroyed, your Washington State landlord insurance policy will provide actual cash value loss settlement up to your policy limit.

Let’s assume a claim occurs to your rental property that is not listed in the perils or claim events listed above.

What happens?

Your insurance company will not pay… You will pay the entire claim out of pocket even if it completely destroyed your property!

For this reason it’s important to work with an agency that understands the differences in coverage for landlord insurance in Washington State!

Call Duncan and Associates Insurance Brokers at 800-228-8291 for the Best Options on Landlord Insurance.

If you find us after normal business hours use one of the links below to submit your information to us online: